2017 was a roller coaster year. I’m going to focus on the positives, and I thought I would share my year in review!
- I officially made Seersucker Optional a public blog, instead of just the personal ramblings that I’ve been posting since 2015. This was a huge commitment, and especially in the last 8 weeks, when I’ve been on travel every single week, it’s been difficult to keep up. I’ve also learned this year, that it’s okay and I shouldn’t stress myself out about it.
- I made the conscious decision not to return to a 9-5 office job and turned down a job or two that wasn’t right for me. Terrifying at the time, but well worth it in the end.
- Got my blood pressure back to normal. AND finally have moved the needle on my weight. Not that I think people should get hung up on weight, but I have been trying to live a healthier lifestyle than I have previously, and it’s finally starting to pay off on the scale.
- My Glamorous Event Consultant Life has finally taken off and led me to pick up several clients and be earning almost twice what I was previously making.
- I have flown over 125k miles and climbed on an airplane over 75 times this year.
- I made 3 separate trips to Asia this year, including visiting Seoul for the first time since I was born.
- Learned the important lesson that we can’t do it all, and that’s okay. Decided to take a step back from some commitments in 2018 to give myself the time to focus and lean into others.
- Learned the value of calling out badness when I see it, whether it be racists on facebook, bullies terrorizing service staff, or someone committing a wrong.
- I have been very blessed with making some wonderful new friends, strengthening old acquaintances, and learning to let go of relationships that are no longer healthy.
- Learning to be more grateful for my time at home and working to better appreciate my limited interactions
Here are some Seersucker Optional Highlights from this year!
Went to the opera with Gabrielle and saw RBG.
Our annual Derby Party
PCMA Foundation Dinner in this glorious sparkler
Seeing Dear Evan Hansen. No words for this incredible show.
This Tory Burch Stunner
That time we helped build a Game of Thrones pop up bar in DC.
When Nate and I went to Seoul!
That time Nate and I went to North Korea (The JSA/DMZ).
Frolicking in Seattle for the first time
We attended several weddings, including Jesse and MJ’s!
Attended the Montgomery County Fair
Visiting the Color Factory in San Francisco with Amelia
Nate and I went to the US Open.
And the Hampton Classic
I attended Create & Cultivate with these BABB from Davies and Dixon!
Met TomTom at Kate Spade Madison Ave!
Explored Vegas with Melissa
Had a blast at the VA Gold Cup
Channeled Blair Waldorf with Victoria in NYC
Swam in Sprinkles with Jenn at the Museum of Ice Cream
Flitted around Los Angeles in Tulle
And many more. I look forward to sharing adventures from China, Korea, Palm Springs, and Spain in the New Year! Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to follow my adventures. I’ve really enjoyed sharing my travels and favorite fashion moments and I’m looking forward to an even better 2018!